How To Extend The Life Of Your Carpets In Birmingham
Carpets will help the room achieve a look only if they are maintained properly. You do not have to buy a new one every time your carpet gets dirty. Carpet cleaners Birmingham knows that it can be too costly when you keep on buying carpets often so we gathered simple tips on how to extend the life of your carpets.
- Keep your carpets clean and as much as possible, avoid getting them dirty. A dirty carpet is an eyesore as well as dangerous if you have kids in your home. Dirt and some small insects, tend to accumulate and grow in your carpets when they are not kept clean. This could lead to triggering your children’s allergies resulting to health hazard. It is important to keep your carpets clean.Dirt also harms your carpets. It grates and scratches the fibres of the carpet causing it to wear out. THis happens a lot in a high traffic area of your home. Carpet cleaning Birmingham suggest that you take off your shoes when entering your home to lessen the dirt getting in your carpets.
- Vacuum your carpets regularly and frequently. This will help extend the lifespan of your carpet, it will lessen the dirt that can harm your carpets. It is advisable to vacuum your carpets, two to four times a week especially in high traffic areas. Accumulation of dirt in your carpets will be avoided. Just make sure that the setting of the vacuum is intended for carpet cleaning.
- Clean spot stains as soon as they touch your carpets. Spills can be avoided but when it happens, make sure that you clean your carpet right away. Get some paper towels and absorb any liquid and clean up any solids from your carpet. If you do not clean it right away it will soak into the fibres and paddings that can cause damage. To avoid this from happening, make a rule in your home to keep snacking and drinking in the kitchen. This will lessen the possibility of spills.
- Rearrange your furniture from time to time. If you keep your furnitures in one place, it will wear your carpet without you even noticing it. Rearrange furniture so that traffic course will change.
- Hire a professional to clean and check your carpets regularly. Carpet cleaner Birmingham advises that you get professional carpet cleaning every one or two years. It is also like changing the oil of your car. Maintenance will help your carpets last longer.
If you want to know the trusted carpet cleaning services in Birmingham, do not hesitate to give us a call and we will be more than happy to help you out.