Tips In Keeping Your Carpets Fluffy in Birmingham
When you buy carpets, one thing that most people consider and would not admit is the feel of the carpet. When buying carpets, you feel it and imagine your feet walking at those carpets. Carpet cleaning Birmingham has listed out some tips to keep your fluffy carpets, fluffy!
- Remove your shoes when you enter your home.
- Maintain it with vacuuming. Vacuum traffic areas of your house 3 to 5 times per week. This will prevent dirt from settling into your carpet. Walking on dirt and grit that has settled to the base of the fibers causes an abrasive action, which results in the appearance of traffic lanes and worn areas.
- Rearrange furniture to change the flow of traffic through a room. It will give your carpets enough air to breathe.
- Place smooth plastic chair mats under heavy furniture to help prevent carpet delamination and excessive wear.
- Carpet cleaner Birmingham suggests that you clean up spills immediately, before they become permanent stains!
- Reduce the periods of direct sunlight to your carpet so you can prevent color fading. Use your window blinds and shades or window tinting.
- You have to reapply Carpet Protectors each time the carpet is cleaned to keep the stains from setting in and the soil from grinding in your carpets
- Do not skip professional carpet cleaning. You have to schedule your carpets being professionally cleaned on a regular basis. It should be at least every 6 to 18 months depending on the amount of “traffic” in the house. Clean high traffic areas twice as often as other areas.
Make sure to follow these simple tips to maximize the use of your carpets and to make sure that nothing too dirty is living there. For more tips and advice, contact Carpet Cleaner Birmingham and we will be more than happy to help you out!